Sunday, March 12, 2006

Small Day Trip...

Desirae and I loaded up in the truck and headed over to Red Rock Canyon to check out their campgrounds. It is a dry (no hook-ups) but Denise and I are thinking that it might be a good close place to go and I wanted to check it out to see what it was like. No one else but Desirae wanted to go so it was just us. It was an interesting place and I think it would be a good weekend trip. I know it is close but I think it would be fun and we could do some exploring around the area. The rock formations are pretty nice and colorful and they have fire pits so we would be able to do smors.

I spent the morning configuring the hitch for the new truck. It was a bit of a pain but I think I have it ALMOST figured out. After I was done I re-checked the manual and realized I have one minor problem that I need to fix before we go anywhere. I drove around the block a few times and went toward Silver Saddle to check the feel of the new truck towing. All in all it felt pretty good and I think the new truck is going to work out very well in this capacity. It was also easier to back up. I was able to get it where I wanted it when I came back. It is still probably going to be a chore to get it in the back yard, but I think it will be easier with this truck than with the Bronco.

Speaking of the Bronco - with the weather being so cold I inadvertently broke the bug deflector when I grabbed it yesterday when I was checking for rabbits eating it. It pretty well shattered and I am not sure what I am going to do about that... Oh well...

2 Comments:

At Monday, 13 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just make sure you done back it into the neighbors back yard (you know, through the fence). Mom

 
At Saturday, 18 March, 2006, Blogger Donna Rae said...

Sweet pictures! Looks like a great place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home