Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Do Nothing Day...

With the weather being as hot as it has been we figured today would be a good “water” day. So after everyone slept in a bit (okay, it was just me, but ahhhh I needed the sleep, ya that’s it) and having a nice leisurely breakfast we made our way into the backyard for a bit of water time. I tell you it sure makes me want to have a real pool. Maybe in a few years! Everyone made there way into the “pool” and it was a pretty good time. With the heat and all everyone was pretty tired after about an hour so we headed in for some nice A/C!

From there we had a marathon Halo II day and that was interesting. Devin, Desirae, and I played for quite a while and even Denise got into the action. I think we need another controller so we can have all four of us going. We even entered into the online arena and Devin even got a couple points, which is really cool. For the most part we got our behinds kicked though. It was still fun!

We took a break from that and after a while decided to do dinner. Denise had pulled out some steaks earlier and they were prepped and ready to go. The odd thing is the weather turned REALLY strange around here and it even rained on me while I was cooking the steaks. It makes it hot and muggy but fortunately our new A/C is working pretty good and kept the house nice and cool.

I also had a bit of an issue with the new temperature thing Denise bought me. I was using it to gauge when the steaks were done and it wasn’t reading right. So I ended up cooking the steaks too long and they were like med-well, which is not the way I like them, but is exactly the way Denise does. They were ok, just not what I was hoping for. I need MORE PRACTICE! Bring on the steaks!

The main thing, it was REALLY nice to just have a day around the house without having to get in the car and drive somewhere or have to get up early to do something. Tomorrow will be a bit of a pain because we are going shooting in the AM and as such I will need to be out in the field 0645. Oh well, should be fun though!

1 Comments:

At Monday, 25 July, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey the pool looks very inviting and a lot of fun. I bet the kids love it. Deving really likes to play in the water. Would be nice to have a "real" pool considering you live in the desert and it is hotter than h... most of the time. Where are the pictures of you and Denise in the pool??????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home